The Dynamics of Persuasion: Communication and Attitudes in the 21st Century, 4th Edition (Communication Series)
Free Shipping Included! Save 1% on the The Dynamics of Persuasion: Communication and Attitudes in the 21st Century, 4th Edition (Communication Series) by Routledge at Biblio Smiles. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The Dynamics of Persuasion provides a comprehensive and up-to-date introduction to persuasive communication and attitude change. Offering a thorough
The Dynamics of Persuasion provides a comprehensive and up-to-date introduction to persuasive communication and attitude change. Offering a thorough discussion of classic and contemporary theories of persuasion, this text explores the structure and functions of attitudes, consistency between attitude and behavior, and issues in attitude measurement.
Examining persuasion through media, interpersonal, and psychological lenses, author Richard M. Perloff systematically investigates the impact of persuasive communication on attitudes toward a variety of topics, including health, politics, and racial prejudice. In addition to presenting persuasion theory and research, he provides numerous examples of persuasion in action, demonstrating the role of persuasion research in everyday life. Written in a highly accessible and clear style, The Dynamics of Persuasion serves to:
- introduce the social science perspective on persuasion
- enhance understanding of persuasion theories and research
- highlight the major issues discussed in the field of persuasion research
- explore the complexities and subtleties in the dynamics of everyday persuasion
- raise awareness about the ethics of contemporary persuasion.
New to this edition are:
- 2008 election examples interspersed througout the text
- focused discussions on compliance-gaining and negative advertising
- examples of strong attitude, such as the pros and cons of using animals in research.
Complimented by a Companion Website (www.routledge.com/textbooks/dynamicsofpersuasion4e) with resources for students and instructors, The Dynamics of Persuasion is an engaging text appropriate for advanced courses on persuasion in communication, psychology, marketing, and sociology. In its exploration of the dynamics of persuasive communication, it illuminates the powerful effects persuasion has in contemporary society and enhances understanding of this ubiquitous communicative strategy.
|Item Weight:||1.75 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.75 x 9 x 9 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.6 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.4 x 1.1 x 1.1 inches|