Persuasion in Society
Super Savings Item! Save 40% on the Persuasion in Society by Routledge at Biblio Smiles. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Persuasion in Society, Third Edition introduces readers to the rich tapestry of persuasive technique and scholarship, interweaving rhetorical,
Persuasion in Society, Third Edition introduces readers to the rich tapestry of persuasive technique and scholarship, interweaving rhetorical, critical theory, and social science traditions. This text examines current and classical theory through the lens of contemporary culture, encouraging readers to explore the nature of persuasion and to understand its impact in their lives. Employing a contemporary approach, authors Jean G. Jones and Herbert W. Simons draw from popular culture, mass media, and social media to help readers become informed creators and consumers of persuasive messages.
This introductory persuasion text offers:
- A broad-based approach to the scope of persuasion, expanding students’ understanding of what persuasion is and how it is effected.
- Insights on the diversity of persuasion in action, through such contexts as advertising, marketing, political campaigns, activism and social movements, and negotiation in social conflicts.
- The inclusion of "sender" and "receiver" perspectives, enhancing understanding of persuasion in practice.
- Extended treatment of the ethics of persuasion, featuring opposing views on handling controversial issues in the college classroom for enhanced instruction.
- Case studies showing how and why people fall for persuasive messages, demonstrating how persuasion works at a cognitive level.
- Discussion questions, exercises, and key terms for very nearly every chapter.
The core of this book is that persuasion is about winning beliefs and not arguments and that communicators who want to win that belief need to communicate with their audiences. This new edition of Persuasion in Society continues to bring this core message to readers with updated case studies, examples, and sources.
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.25 x 9.5 x 9.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.16 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.24 x 1.26 x 1.26 inches|