Palliative Practices: An Interdisciplinary Approach
Super Savings Item! Save 34% on the Palliative Practices: An Interdisciplinary Approach by Brand: Mosby at Biblio Smiles. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The first book of its kind, this must-have resource examines the integration of palliative interventions from a disease-specific approach, providing
- Expert authors in the field of palliative care - an oncology/palliative care nurse practitioner, an MD, and a social worker - represent the collaborative nature of caring for chronically ill patients.
- The most common illnesses that cause death in the United States are addressed in separate chapters on specific disease states: Cardiovascular, Pulmonary, Nephrology, Oncology, and Neurology.
- Case studies at the conclusion of each chapter illustrate important patient scenarios in the context of clinical practice.
- Comprehensive drug information for symptom management and comfort measures is provided in an appendix, as well as palliative care assessment tools and helpful website resources.
- An entire chapter is devoted to cancer pain.
- Objectives at the beginning of each chapter introduce the reader to concepts that will be addressed in that chapter.
- Each chapter ends with multiple-choice objective questions to test the reader's comprehension, with answers and rationales provided in the back of book.
- Prognostic tables demonstrate precisely how and when to integrate palliative interventions into the course of an advanced illness, identifying prognostic indicators where appropriate.
- Other important topics are covered with chapters on sleep, ethics, cultural and spiritual issues, and the dying process.
|Item Weight:||1.93 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.17 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.4 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 1.17 x 1.17 inches|