Killing Narcissism: Exposing & Transcending The Narcissist Regime (Kill A Narcissist)
Killing Narcissism: Exposing & Transcending The Narcissist Regime (Kill A Narcissist) by Independently published at Biblio Smiles. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Narcissism is more than a personality; it’s a system for exploiting love and a blueprint for avoiding shame. This unconscious pattern is the
Narcissism is more than a personality; it’s a system for exploiting love and a blueprint for avoiding shame. This unconscious pattern is the narcissist regime, and it shapes us more than we know.
‘Killing Narcissism’ is a book for those who want to look deeper and see the bigger picture. It has two aims:
1. To illustrate our inherent psychological traits which make narcissism possible.
2. To provide clear guidance on how we can stop narcissistic patterns from repeating in our lives.
After reading this book, you will:
- Understand how overexposure to shame and trauma causes a disconnect from reality and leads to grandiosity addiction; a compulsive need to be in control of and superior to others.
- Be able to recognize your unconscious tendency to ‘split’, or rather, to either worship (love) or vilify (hate) others.
- Understand how grandiosity addiction and ‘splitting’ combine to create narcissistic relationships.
- Become aware of the archetypes behind the figures in your life and how they subconsciously influence and control you.
- Get a clear picture of the narcissistic family; a closed environment where trauma and shame are repressed and replaced with a family ‘doctrine.’
- Have an appreciation of how profoundly narcissistic family roles shape the people in it and help perpetuate narcissism.
- Become aware of the potential for such roles to be repeated in all facets of life; romantic relationships, social groups, organizations and spiritual groups.
Overcoming narcissism requires awareness of its patterns along with an inside-out approach. Seven paradigm shifts are introduced which help end the illusory power grab found in the narcissist regime:
1. Split to ambivalence: Learn to hold both love and hate for a person and to see them as they truly are.
2. Worship to personal power: Dispel the childhood belief that you can be saved by the ‘perfect’ person and take responsibility for your life.
3. Enmeshment to individuality: Learn how narcissists use enmeshment for control and choose to embrace a life of healthy boundaries.
4. Fight/flight to wholeness: Cultivate a state of calm after a lifetime of anxiety from PTSD brought on by narcissistic abuse.
5. Control to influence: Use personal power to set an example and give up the need to cling to or control others.
6. Clinging to falling: Give up the idea that playing a role will give your life meaning. Learn to embrace nothingness, and with that your personal power.
7. Doing to being: Embrace the power of healthy shame as a form of immunisation from narcissism by first purging yourself of toxic shame.
Through shifting your paradigms, ‘Killing Narcissism’ helps you find your way back to your true self and take back your power from the narcissistic forces which entrap you.
|Item Size:||0.54 x 9 x 9 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.85 pounds|
|Package Size:||6 x 0.54 x 0.54 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Independently published, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Harper Perennial
ean: 9780060924652, isbn: 0060924659,
The compelling story of a young woman's emergence into the world after spending her first 13 years strapped to a chair, and her rescue and exploitation by scientists hoping to gain new insight into language acquisition....
By Mcgee, Sharon A./ Holmes, Curtis, Ph.D.
mpn: black & white illustrations, ean: 9781572246348, isbn: 1572246340,
When a child has experienced sexual abuse, he or she may struggle with low self-esteem and find it difficult to trust others. Though the mental damage from such abuse is significant, it can be substantially reversed if a caring adult is willing to de...
By Jist Works
ean: 9781558641297, isbn: 1558641297,
Paper Dolls and Paper Airplanes is a unique collection of more than 80 activities for mental health professionals working with sexually abused children in individual or group therapy sessions. The activities use paper, crayons, stickers, puppets, mus...
By Xulon Press
ean: 9781591605195, isbn: 1591605199,
This powerful book deals with the issue of how Christians, especially those called to counsel, can help survivors of sexual abuse find healing and hope. From 20 years of experience, the author demonstrates how counselors can walk alongside people dee...
ean: 9781138986152, isbn: 1138986151,
Written by a psychologist who has worked with families and foster children for 11 years, Treating Families and Children in the Child Protective System is designed for therapists, social workers, family preservationists, court officers, attorneys, jud...
By Elements Behavioral Health
mpn: black & white illustrations, ean: 9781941536551, isbn: 1941536557,
With It's Not You, It's What Happened to You: Complex Trauma and Treatment, Dr. Christine Courtois has simplified her extensive and, until now, quite scholarly work geared toward understanding and developing the concept of "complex trauma," and the a...
By Baker Pub Group/Baker Books
mpn: 185035, ean: 9780800727727, isbn: 080072772X,
The deep pain of childhood abuse--whether physical or emotional, whether a child was neglected or wished nothing more than to be left alone--doesn't just go away. There's simply no just getting over it. Even if no physical scars remain as evidence of...
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
ean: 9781517683405, isbn: 1517683408,
Have you struggled to have the happy, emotionally nourishing relationships that you deserve? If you are a survivor of childhood trauma, neglect, or abuse, you've spent your life feeling as if happiness in love and friendship is for other people, not ...
By Adams Media
ean: 9781593376536, isbn: 1593376537,
From the world's most acclaimed expert on verbal abuse comes the first book that answers the question foremost in every woman's mind: can he really change?Combining practical applications with the latest clinical research with the trademark support a...
By Independently published
ean: 9781980982852, isbn: 1980982856,
We live in a distressing time. Headlines remind us constantly of things we don’t want to see: victims who were exploited and abused by more powerful or manipulative people, offenders who have gotten away with their abuses for far too many years, an...