Human Sexuality: Personality and Social Psychological Perspectives
Extreame Savings Item! Save 45% on the Human Sexuality: Personality and Social Psychological Perspectives by Brand: SAGE Publications, Inc at Biblio Smiles. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. ''Although intended as a textbook, this accessible book could as well serve in an academic collection as a useful source of background material for a
"Although intended as a textbook, this accessible book could as well serve in an academic collection as a useful source of background material for a variety of readers." ―CHOICE
"Craig Hill′s new text is a welcome addition to the textbooks available for undergraduate courses on human sexuality. It goes beyond the standard topics found in many books and seriously integrates social psychological research and theory on human sexuality. This book is just the type of serious treatment of psychological aspects of human sexuality that I have been seeking for some time for my course."
―Irene Hanson Frieze, Professor of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh
Human Sexuality: Personality and Social Psychological Perspectives presents the topics typically covered in human sexuality courses, rooting the presentation in a strong psychological perspective. Author Craig Hill focuses on personality and social psychological theory to provide students with a conceptual understanding of the psychological factors involved in sexuality, and he encourages students to build upon that foundation by challenging them to think critically about the material in various ways. He also emphasizes the scientific investigation of sexuality, offering a solid review of the research literature.
- Focuses predominantly on the psychological aspects of sexuality: The topics covered and the organization of the book are ideally suited for instructors who wish to emphasize psychological factors involved in sexuality.
- Stresses the symbiotic relationship between research and theory: The book provides a more accurate and complete understanding of the way in which science generates sound evidence that informs theories pertaining to sexuality and how those theories, in turn, inform further inquiry.
- Presents real-life examples: Personal anecdotes enable students to relate concepts and information to the lives of real people and to their own lives, making the information clearer and more meaningful to them.
- Integrates cultural diversity throughout: Race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation are considered in the topics covered and the examples employed.
- Helps develop critical thinking and analytic abilities: Analyze This: Looking at Different Perspectives; An Opportunity for Self-Reflection; and An Eye Toward Research boxes as well as end-of-chapter questions and caption questions allow students to delve further into the material, allowing them to think critically about current topics and their own lives.
This is an excellent core text for both undergraduate and graduate courses on Human Sexuality particulary those offered in departments of psychology.
- An Instructor′s Resource CD provides PowerPoint presentations; chapter study material; classroom handouts; and suggestions for course projects, discussion questions, and internet exercises. Also included is a Computerized Test Bank with multiple-choice, true/false, and essay questions that allows for easy test creation
- A Student Study Web Site provides e-flashcards, Internet exercises and resources, self quizzes, and links to SAGE journal articles and video clips. Also available is a link to the author′s blog where students can respond to comments posted by the author and other students using the text. Go to www.sagepub.com/hillhsstudy to view the site.
|Manufacturer:||SAGE Publications, Inc|
|Brand:||Brand: SAGE Publications, Inc|
|Publisher:||SAGE Publications, Inc|
|Studio:||SAGE Publications, Inc|
|Item Weight:||2.25 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.75 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.25 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.95 x 0.87 x 0.87 inches|