Provides a variety of case examples applying theory to practice when working with those dealing with grief and loss.
Grief and Loss: Theories and Skills for the Helping Professions, 2/e, allows readers to see how essential theories and skills will enhance their own practice. They will gain the core knowledge and skills needed to work with individuals, families, groups, and communities who are experiencing loss and the grief that accompanies it
Culture, spirituality, age, gender and other factors that influence grief reactions are discussed, helping readers understand and work with diverse populations. Individual and programmatic responses to grieving people are also included. Each chapter contains exercises that encourage readers to apply the concepts learned and MySocialWorkLab includes a variety of Internet resources and supplemental learning tools.
Upon completing this book, readers should be able to:
- Acquire core knowledge and skills that will prepare readers to work with individuals, families, groups, and communities who are experiencing loss and the grief that accompanies it
- Understand normal and complicated grief reactions
- Identify actual as well as symbolic losses
- Recognize the factors the positively and negatively influence grief reactions
- Understand the resources and interventions that are effective in helping those who are grieving
|Item Weight:||0.45 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.4 x 8.9 x 8.9 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.5 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.9 x 0.5 x 0.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Pearson, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.